Year End Checklist
As we head into the holiday season, please take a few minutes for some financial check-ups:
For folks still working:
- Review FSA accounts to ensure you don’t leave money on the table at year-end.
- Take a look at your year-to-date retirement account contributions (401(k), 403(b), IRA et al). Are you on target to max out your 2019 contributions? Do you need to make adjustments prior to year-end?
- It's Medicare open enrollment season, let us know if you need any guidance. After the transition, we have a great Medicare insurance partner provider.
- If you are over 70 years old, have you taken your RMD (Required Minimum Distributions)? If we manage your account, we have you covered. Be aware that most companies do not calculate RMDs for inherited IRAs. If your inherited IRA is at another institution, you might miss this important step.
- If your income typically falls close to a marginal tax bracket, calculate your anticipated tax rate in 2019 and adjust your contributions/withdrawals accordingly.